Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can I fix my dry and damaged hair?

I straighten my hair pretty much every day. I know that it is horrible for it, but my hair is curly at the nape of the neck and gets wavier as it goes up, and it just does not look good at all. I do not blow dry my hair and I use a heat protector and deep conditioners, but it is getting very damaged. I never have died my hair before either. Does anyone have suggestions on how to repair the damage I have tried all kinds of conditioners?How can I fix my dry and damaged hair?
I'm in the exact same position as you! I think you should invest in a good quality straightener with ceramic plates (if you don't already have one) because if they are good straighteners you won't need to straighten your hair everyday, and when you're not going out anywhere don't bother straightening your hair cause no-one is going to see it!





I'm using herbal essences conditioner for dry/damaged hair and it's really good, next time i go shopping i'm going to get the shampoo as well. When you use conditioner on your hair pay special attention to the bits of your hair which are the most damaged, for me that's at the sides near my ears and my fringe.





Try and get a haircut at least every 8 weeks even if it's just for a trim to get rid of any split ends.





anyway i hope this helps


good luck


=]How can I fix my dry and damaged hair?
Philosophy makes products called Shear Splendor, you can get shampoo, conditioner and a deep conditioning mask as well as hair marinade (it's like an oil treatment that you can put on... the longer you keep it on the better... you can sleep in it). These products transformed my hair.





There is also a product called Affirm 5 in 1 that is wonderful too.
NEXXUS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER!!! I used to have the same problem. I feel like I've tried every product on the market..and only one you can tell the difference, and its a BIG difference. I've never seen such a big improvement. You may even want to pick up herbal essences shampoo to use once a week because nexxus conditions so well that after a while you may need a stronger cleaning shampoo. Good luck!!
make sure you're getting haircuts regularly. this well help keep the damaged ends from looking ragged. but maybe you should also look into a cut or style that works with your curly hair instead of against it. that way you'll definitely cut down on the damage your doing. that's what i did . . .
Cut it. Then start using a daily salon protectant on it. Be sure to check your labels, alcohol will dry out your hair and make it look worse. Get a salon conditioning treatment done regularly or even if you don't dye your hair, use an at home glossing treatment like ShineHappy. It puts a protective layer on your hair. Good luck!!
My hair was the same way until I started using Bumble and Bumble products. Go to BumbleandBumble.com. Curly hair is so hard to keep moisturized. I found that using a Chi blow dryer with a diffuser along with the Bumble and Bumble has made all the difference in the world. I also found a very good sylist that knows how to cut my naturally curly hair to keep it healthy.
You can't really fix the problem without cutting all of the damage off, But cholesterol treatments once a week will help it look healthy and shiny. (Mayonnaise is a great substitute if you have difficulty finding Cholesterol.)
Once the damage is done you cant repair it. I was told by my stylist to make sure you use some type of heat treatment product on your hair before you straiten it. All you can do is help protect the new growth from damage.
Get some olive oil and coco butter melt them together saturate your hair with the mixture put on a shower cap and get in the shower. Use a little of Dr.Miracle's hair moisturizer everyday cosmetology
the best thing i found is KMS treatment packs. i straighten my hair and blow dry it and often go swimming so my hair would be all frizzy normally. but no joke these bad boys are like miracle workers :D but other brands would probably be just as good xx
Erm they do treatments in hairdressers for not that much money erm i dnt really know any other home except mayonnaise treatments i dont know how they work so research that
a hot oil treatment that you can buy from your chemist or pharmacy or just a deep conditioning treatment along with using heat protect spray before conditioning Nicky Clarkes one is very good

No comments:

Post a Comment