Friday, February 26, 2010

What are some good ways to fix dry/damaged hair?

I've dyed my hair a lot. I just got a trim but parts of my hair still look pretty dry. I don't have any split ends but I have strands where I can see little white ';breaking points'; on them. My stylist told me I should sleep with a cap and a deep conditioner or olive oil in my hair but I feel like that might damage it more. What should I do?What are some good ways to fix dry/damaged hair?
Follow your stylist and buy high quality shampoo for your hairtype.What are some good ways to fix dry/damaged hair?
How do you figure leaving a repairing or moisturizing treatment on your hair overnight would damage it more? It's honestly not possible. You should be doing what's called ';dusting'; on the hairs that you see the little white dots - just use a sharp haircutting scissors and snip the single hair about 1/2 an inch above the dot - that is a weak spot, and if you don't cut it off, it will break off there and become a split end.





I love LeKair Cholesterol - it doesn't have any silicones like some brands of cholesterol do, and silicones just block moisture from getting inside the cortex where it's needed most. Also, try a good protein treatment to replace the keratin building blocks you lose when you color your hair. Nexxus Emergencee is a good one, as is a K-pac.





You can't ';fix'; damaged hair or split ends, but you can give your hair the moisture and protein it craves and make it look much better than it does.
you cant necesarilly fix it all the way. but there are some serums/creams which you can purchase at walmart or any beauty store which are used to help damaged hair. also look for those shampoos that help re store damaged hair. like dove and theres another one but i cant name it off the top of my head. but if you feel deep conditioning it and stuff will damage your hair more dont try it if your not comfortable with it. use those serums and shampoo's i bet they will help.
Queen Helene Hair Cholesterol (or any generic version of it)





http://www.queenhelene.com//haircarechol2.php





I've been dying my hair for 10 years now and that stuff has saved me so many times. You can follow the directions on it or for really badly damaged hair put it on after your shower and place a heat cap on it for 20-25 minutes then rinse it out thoroughly.
you should definitely listen to your hair stylist and deep condition it over night. trust me it will make a difference ive been dying my hair since i was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment