Sunday, February 28, 2010

How long will it take to repair bleached/damaged hair?

I made the mistake of bleaching the front part of my hair and I'm currently using Pureol shampoo/conditioner and the deep conditioner and sometimes Tresseme moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. The bleached area is about an inch or two past my chin, I do plan on getting it cut about once a month to get rid of the damaged hair but how long do you think this process will take? Thanks.How long will it take to repair bleached/damaged hair?
Depending on how you treat it, the amount of time will differ. I've had so much experience with this, trust me.





Go to your local beauty store and get all the smallest samples of recovering conditioning products you can find, and use them ALL. not necessarily in a row, but everytime you shower use one. and also, when you are rinsing it out of your hair rinse with COLD WATER, this way the hair cuticle will close, and heat damage from blow drying, etc, cant get to it. Lay off styling it for about a week, especially straightening it. Id say after about a week to a week and a half of this, your hair will be fully back to normal





MOST IMPORTANT- if you absoultely must style your hair get the heat protecting product called pure silk, and it will leave your hair in BETTER condition after styling it than before believe it or not! i use it religiously.How long will it take to repair bleached/damaged hair?
i bleached my hair 8 months ago and the worst thing i did was try to dye over it. it actually turned out orange, so i dyed it back to brown on the same day, and then continued to dye whenever it faded. since this i have lost about half a head of hair (no emphasis whatsoever). so let it grow out.

Report Abuse



The only way to repair bleached hair is to cut it off. Of course all of these methods make it appear to look healthier but bleach removes everything from your hair. Pigment and protein. Im finishing cosmetology school. and i fell your pain. Use cholesterol. its the closet to natural that you can.

Report Abuse



A Very long time depending on how fast your hair grows it could take forever or maybe not that long. just take good care of your hair. No blow drying, straighting, curling, dying, and etc.
I bleached my hair waaaaaay to much. So I know where your coming from. I'm currently using this product called


'; Schwarzkopf Bona Cure Repair Rescue Treatment ';





It works wonders for my hair. But instead of leaving it in for 15 minutes, my stylist recommended an hour.


So its safe.





And the best.
You should cut off some of the parts where your hair is bleached. My hair got really damaged sometime in middle school and it was only last year that I started to really work on fixing it and now it's fine. I condition my hair a few times a week and sometimes mix lemon with conditioner, apply it to my hair, let it sit for two hours or so, then wash it off with shampoo and it comes out really nice afterwards.
Depending on the quality of your hair, It could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for it to be totally replenished.

No comments:

Post a Comment