Friday, February 26, 2010

Are joico products really good for dry and damaged hair or is there something better?

I suffer from dry and damaged hair so i want to make sure i find the best product ;-) thanks!Are joico products really good for dry and damaged hair or is there something better?
I used to swear by K-Pak. I might have been won over by the smell at first, but they were really amazing products. I think they have changed the formula, and they can be hard to find, so I did a bit of research and now I have a different system.


Hair, just like skin, is different by person, but this is what worked for my dry, damaged, frizzy hair. (That I am now very happy with)





1) I stopped using shampoo with ';sodium laureth sulfate'; My new favorite shampoo is by Naked Naturals and I buy it at Whole Foods. To be honest, it costs almost the same as standard shampoos like Pantene! Other brands work too. If you have some more money, I would get Aveda. Their products really are very nice. But the most important part is to leave out the sodium laureth sulfate. It strips your hair! I do keep a bottle of ';Head and Shoulders'; - the ';shine'; one. I use it maybe once every few weeks if I feel that my hair needs a thorough clean or if I have used too many styling products and it's really time to scrub them out of my scalp. The Zinc in it is good to balance your scalp, but not on a regular basis.





2) I use the best conditioner I can find. Right now, I am a fan of Naked Naturals from Whole Foods, but I use other ones too, as long as they are natural. I cannot afford Aveda, but there are other brands. The trick is that it should be natural, so it doesn't leave chemicals and residue behind, but it should also be thick and creamy, and really treat your hair. Sometimes I do use a curly hair conditioner made by Sunsilk when I want to wear my hair naturally wavy. I like that one, too.





3) Trim your split ends. Now. They will only get worse. There are no, I repeat, no products that will seal, heal, or repair split ends. Even if you use products that make it look shiny, the split ends are there, and they are getting worse.





4) Use treatment masks. I don't have time to do it every week, so I do every two weeks (or when I remember). I actually do natural masks that I make at home. I use egg yolks (yup, and not it's not gross :) you can also use mayonnaise. Rinsing with tea or coffee is great for dark hair. Castor oil or Olive oil, slightly warmed up and left on hair for an hour is a great way to help dry hair. If you're not that adventurous, you can always buy VO5 hot oil, or Queen Helene's hot oil treatment. There are also creamy hair masks, but I would also be careful to get the natural ones, because they have the most nutrients.





5) Take Biotin supplement. It's great for growing stronger hair and nails.





These are just things that did work for me, but everyone is different. Hope it gave you some ideas! Good luck!Are joico products really good for dry and damaged hair or is there something better?
Yes!


I love joico, after I chemically straighted my hair my hairstylist suggested me to use moisture recovery and it worked amazing! I've never seen my hair so healthy smooth and breakage free! This product works for dry hair.





But the strongest product that has even better results that moisture recovery is the K-pack.





I know I've answered this question too late but I hope it helps!
First you need moisturizing treatments, if your hair is that dry. You should use moisturizing or conditioning products like silk based or some kind of anti-frizz stuff. Alot of times, they have some moisturizing agents in the product.
i love the joico treatment balm for thick hair. i actually have thin hair, but it makes my hair so soft and shiny and feel really healthy. i straighten my hair alot so it gets damaged pretty badly.
I love Joico products. They work wonders. You should buy them.





Can you answer my question


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090628085047AAfbGHy
I prefer Redken Extreme products. Check it out here http://www.redken.com/products/haircare

No comments:

Post a Comment