Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do I moisturize dry, color treated, damaged hair?

I just took my hair out of braids and its extremely dry. Before getting braids I had dyed my hair which eventually caused breakage and dryness. What remedies or products could I use to fix this problem, ultimately making my hair soft, smooth and shiny?How do I moisturize dry, color treated, damaged hair?
not to sound like a commercial, but dr.miracles is the friggin best. I have long long hair, but it's not all like 'mixed girl hair' where you can do anything to it and it's fine. hahaha. so i started using dr. miracles 2 months ago and my hair is sooooo much better for it. I use the relaxed hair creme, the temple and nape balm. it's soooo great. as for shampoo, i actually use the growth shampoo (makes it strong) but I use Garnier fructise for conditioner. (strange right?) using his shampoo and the conditioner and then his products will sooooo help your hair. :-)How do I moisturize dry, color treated, damaged hair?
Get yourself some Burts Bees Apricot Oil. I believe Walgreens carries Burts Bees products but you can find them in several different stores. Heat up enough oil to coat your hair. Don't get it HOT just really warm. Rub all through your hair and then wrap your head in plastic wrap to keep the oil in. Let it sit for 20 min's and keep your head warm (wrap it in a towel or sit under a dryer...you can even put a heating pad on LOW on your head). Then wash your hair in a shampoo/conditioner that is SULFATE FREE (you never ant to use a shampoo with with Sulfates in it when you treat your hair). Sexy Hair, Chocolate Soy Shampoo is wonderful!!! You can even get it at Walmart salons now. Its a bit $ but you only need to use a small amount. I have long hair and my bottle has lasted me 8 weeks already.





You can also go to any Sally beauty supply shop (found in most strip malls) and get tubes of conditioner like the ones found in the boxes of hair dye. They are intensive conditioners that are GREAT for restoring dry, damaged hair.
LEAVE IN CONDITIONER IS YOUR FRIEND! lol i use it and john frieda products they are expensive but you can go to your local drug store or department store (walmart, k-mart, target ,etc. and find conditioners and shampoos and other hair care products to take care of that
Aloe vera for hair


http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natur鈥?/a>
Once every week I put about a cup of olive oil in my hair and wrap a warm towel around my hair for about 30 minutes and then wash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment